One of the big debates in business is whether to outsource or keep things in-house. 360 Assessments are no exception.
It should come as no surprise that we are strong advocates of using an independent service provider to run your organisation’s 360 Assessments (to the extent that we would not run a 360 Assessment on ourselves but get one of our competitors to assist). Here are some of the key benefits that you gain from doing so:
- By using an outside agency, you create a valuable impartiality which eliminates any alliances or politics that could skew the results.
- It creates rapid trust, which has the benefit that people will open up more readily and be more honest in their feedback.
- It evokes professionalism. Your staff and colleagues see it as authoritative and professional as it actually happens properly and on time.
- It reduces administration. You simply reap the rewards without becoming bogged down by the process.
- It provides more information. You’ll benefit from the diverse experience that your service provider has gained.
The right 360 feedback service provider becomes a partner in the success of your organisational improvement efforts.
Do your research, find an organisation with experience that understands your requirements and is able to offer you a customised methodology for your organisation and its unique environment. Outsourcing to specialist service providers can be highly effective and value-adding provided you find the right match.